Event tracking can be used to measure visitor engagement on your site in many different ways. The typical uses include:
- Tracking outbound links to other websites.
- Tracking clicks on email addresses or click-to-call phone numbers. This can help you to better understand the number of enquiries you are getting from your site.
- Tracking PDF and other media downloads.
- Measuring interactions with video content, such as time spent watching a video.
- Monitoring the clicks on unique elements of a page, such as the “contact us” call to action on your about page.
- To setup up events to record conversions relating to phone number clicks and calls.
Event tracking allows you to count interactions that don’t necessarily involve loading another page on your website. Google Analytics goals can be set up based on your events